Jan. 23, 2016 London, UK
In the first ever Welcome to the Whole30 UK seminar, New York Times bestselling author Melissa Hartwig (The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom) will walk you through exactly how the groundbreaking Whole30 program will change your health, your habits, and your relationship with food—for a lifetime. She’ll distill more than six years of helping people succeed with the program into a few hours of practical, applicable advice designed to help you prepare for, navigate, and succeed with the program in ways other diets have promised, but never delivered.
New to the Whole30? Perfect! You’ll learn more about the program, the results you can expect, and how to finish your first (or next) Whole30 strong. Are you a Whole30 veteran? You’ll value the motivation, personalised advice, and community connections you’ll make at this event — and we guarantee you’ll learn some new tips for making your Whole30 even more successful.
- The goals of the Whole30: mental, emotional, and physical.
- Our four Good Food Standards, and why we rule out certain foods on the Whole30.
- The good food you will be eating program, and how these foods help you change your tastes, your habits, and your relationship with food.
- How it works: Why 30 days, why it’s “no cheats, no slips,” and why we don’t let you make pancakes.
- Our rules vs. recommendations: What the “perfect” Whole30 looks like
- The benefits you can expect to see: What to do if the Whole30 “doesn’t work” for you
- Beyond the Whole30: when diet isn’t your limiting factor (and what to do about it)
If you have followed the Whole30 and still have some health concerns (like digestive issues or a sluggish metabolism), you may need more than just dietary changes. But where do you even start looking beyond diet and lifestyle? How can you get the diagnosis you need, and how do you know which treatment options are best for you?
Dr. Ruscio, a functional medicine expert in gut and thyroid conditions, will explain why your path to optimal health starting by looking at the gut. He will detail the most common causes of gut problems, and how gut issues can manifest in a variety of ways, including fatigue, depression, and weight gain. He’ll also explain the gut-thyroid connection, and how healing the gut often corrects thyroid imbalances. Finally, he’ll talk about specific treatment options designed to maximize your return to good health without spending unnecessary time, energy, or money.
With Dr. Ruscio, You'll Learn:
- How your gut can affect every system of your body
- The three most important steps toward healing your gut
- The most common gut issues that diet alone can’t fix
- The three classifications of thyroid dysfunction
- The role of iodine in thyroid issues
- How to get the right diagnosis and most effective treatment options without breaking the bank
Melissa Hartwig is a Certified Sports Nutritionist who specialises in helping people change their relationship with food and create life-long, healthy habits. She is the co-creator of the Whole30 program, the New York Times bestselling author of It Starts With Food and The Whole30, and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Details, SELF, Outside, and Shape. Melissa has presented over 150 health and nutrition seminars worldwide, and connects with more than 1.5 million people a month through the Whole30 website.
Michael Ruscio is a doctor, clinical researcher, author, and health enthusiast. Dr. Ruscio practices Functional Medicine and is currently performing 2 clinical trials in the treatment of digestive conditions. He is also writing a book on the microbiota. Dr. Ruscio gives smart, busy people who are suffering from symptoms of chronic illness simple steps to get better, and get on with life.
King's College - Guy's Campus
New Hunt’s House – Lecture Theatre 2
London SE1 1UL