Jul. 14 to 15, 2017 Stockholm, Sweden
In what will be Chris Kresser's first visit to Sweden, he will be in Stockholm for a three-hour discussion and Q&A session on July 14 and then a full day seminar for clinicians and healthcare practitioners on July 15.
On July 15 Chris will be joined on stage by Registered Dietician Anne Catherine Færgemann and Dr Peter Martin for an in-depth Q&A session that is sure to be filled with a wealth of valuable insight into some of the most challenging health issues that so many of us face.
July 14, 2017 / 4:00pm to 7:00pm
In this 3-hour interactive discussion geared toward the general public, Chris will answer your questions on a variety of topics, including:
- Ancestral nutrition and lifestyle
- Preventing and reversing disease with functional medicine
- Building a career as a healthcare practitioner
Chris' participatory, Q&A-style sessions are extremely popular because they address the needs and interests of the audience, rather than focusing on a single topic prepared in advance.
July 15, 2017 / 10:00am to 4:00pm
In this full-day seminar geared toward healthcare professionals and students, Chris will discuss a variety of topics including:
- New trends that will define the future of medicine
- The crucial role of the exposome in human health and disease
- A comprehensive systems model of functional medicine
- How to structure and layer a treatment for maximum efficacy
- How to customize nutrition plans for individual needs
Like the public discussion and Q&A, this event will be highly interactive; a large portion of the day will be dedicated to answering attendee questions, and even the topics Chris covers will be determined by audience interests. This ensures that the content of the seminar is timely and relevant for all attendees. Note: although this full-day seminar is geared toward healthcare professionals and students, all who wish to attend are welcome.
Special Guests (Day Two Only)
Anne Catherine Færgemann is a registered dietician and holds a masters in Nutritional Medicine from Surrey University in the UK. She cofounded Nordic Laboratories in 1998 and Nordic Clinic* in 2002. First and foremost, she is a clinician where throughout her career she has focused on and employed Functional Medicine treatment strategies, dedicated to find the root cause to a person’s health problems. She received a distinction for her thesis on gastrointestinal disturbances treated with a Functional Medicine approach and concluded that 83% of patients found satisfactory relief in their symptoms. She has supported patients with autism, ADHD, Lyme’s disease, fatigue/ME, IBS, SIBO, inflammatory bowel conditions as well as those with depression, weight problems and eczema/acne with the aim to gain better quality of life. Anne Catherine Færgemann has lectured at several conferences in Europe, as well as in the US and South Africa. She is an author of two books; “Er det noget du har spist” (Was it something you ate?) and “Sund nu” (Healthy Now). As personalized medicine comes of age, Anne Catherine Færgemann is dedicated to empowering patients in getting more individualized, objective data about themselves by utilizing cutting edge laboratory tests. She believes that the Functional Medicine approach is the future of Health Care and will help society to prevent the onset of disease.
*Nordic Clinic, a Functional Medicine clinic is opening its Stockholm clinic in August 2017.
Connect with Anne Catherine Færgemann: Website
Dr Peter Martin is a Swedish MD and holds a PhD in CNS pharmacology. Currently operating FunMed, a medical practice in Göteborg dedicated to Functional Medicine. Dr Martin has earlier spent fifteen years in pharmaceutical research. He was co-founder of Carlsson Research AB together with Nobel laureate Prof Arvid Carlsson and served on the board of directors of this research company for eight years.
Peter Martin also has experience working as a doctor in primary care and in hospitals. When experiencing a sick leave for Exhaustion Disorder he used Functional Medicine as a means to recover and subsequently received training at the Institute for Functional Medicine and the Kresser Institute.
Chris Kresser is the co-director of the California Center for Functional Medicine, the creator of ChrisKresser.com, and the New York Times best selling author of The Paleo Cure. He is known for his in-depth research uncovering myths and misconceptions in modern medicine and providing natural health solutions with proven results. Chris was named one of the 100 most influential people in health and fitness by Greatist.com (along with Michelle Obama, Dr. Oz, Dr. Weil, Deepak Chopra and Dr. Mercola), and his blog is one of the top-ranked natural health websites in the world. He recently launched Kresser Institute, an organization dedicated to training functional medicine practitioners with an ancestral health perspective. Chris lives in Berkeley, California with his wife and daughter.
Radisson Blu Waterfront, Stockholm
Nils Ericsons Plan 4
111 64 Stockholm
Day One (July 14): 4:00pm to 7:00pm
Day Two (July 15): 10:00am to 4:00pm
(lunch is not provided)
Event Cancellation by Re-Find Health
- Re-Find Health reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. If Re-Find Health cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Event Cancellation by Participant
- Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event or simply have had a change of plans.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
- These above policies apply to all events produced by Re-Find Health unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.