Jul. 08 to 09, 2017 London, UK Up to 5 CPD Hours
Chris Kresser is coming back to London for two days; First for a discussion and Q&A session on 8 July and then a full day seminar for clinicians and healthcare practitioners on 9 July. In addition to the two talks, on 8 July, 30 lucky people will have the opportunity to dine with Chris for a very special dinner prepared by the incomparable Chef Holly Redman.
On 9 July Chris will be joined on stage by Dr Rangan Chatterjee and Dr Tamsin Lewis for an in-depth Q&A session that is sure to be filled with a wealth of valuable insight into some of the most challenging health issues that so many of us face.
8 July 2017
In this 3-hour interactive discussion geared toward the general public, Chris will answer your questions on a variety of topics, including:
- Ancestral nutrition and lifestyle
- Preventing and reversing disease with functional medicine
- Building a career as a healthcare practitioner
Chris' participatory, Q&A-style sessions are extremely popular because they address the needs and interests of the audience, rather than focusing on a single topic prepared in advance.
with Special Guests Dr Rangan Chatterjee & Dr Tamsin Lewis
9 July 2017
In this full-day seminar geared toward healthcare professionals and students, Chris will discuss a variety of topics including:
- New trends that will define the future of medicine
- The crucial role of the exposome in human health and disease
- A comprehensive systems model of functional medicine
- How to structure and layer a treatment for maximum efficacy
- How to customize nutrition plans for individual needs
Like the public discussion and Q&A, this event will be highly interactive; a large portion of the day will be dedicated to answering attendee questions, and even the topics Chris covers will be determined by audience interests. This ensures that the content of the seminar is timely and relevant for all attendees. Note: although this full-day seminar is geared toward healthcare professionals and students, all who wish to attend are welcome.
Special Guests (Day Two Only)
Dr Rangan Chatterjee is a practicing NHS GP. He is a member of the Royal Colleges of Physicians and the Royal College of General Practitioners. He holds a BSc Honours Degree in Immunology and is a member of the Institute of Functional Medicine. He passionately advocates and follows a philosophy that lifestyle and nutrition are first line medicine and the cornerstone of good health. He is dedicated to finding the root cause of ill health rather than simply suppressing symptoms with drugs. He uses his media profile to inspire the public that good health is achievable for all by following simple and practical lifestyle advice.
Dr Tamsin Lewis is a successful former GB elite athlete and through this experience learnt the importance of nutrition and lifestyle interventions in maximising optimal performance. In 2017, she founded Fibr Health which extended this ethos to health optimisation in a more general capacity and the journey of re-learning along a functional and integrative paradigm began. Having suffered herself from mental health problems from her teenage years and a severe head injury in her 20’s Tamsin’s passion to educate about the innate capacity of a correctly supported body to self heal is compelling.
After a 4 year hiatus from NHS practice — Tamsin returned post baby – to part-time practice, in order that she fulfill training years needed to reach consultant level but has increasingly become disillusioned by the heavy handed pharmaceutical approach to mental health encouraged within the NHS and the lack of resources deployed for lifestyle interventions.
Chris Kresser is the co-director of the California Center for Functional Medicine, the creator of ChrisKresser.com, and the New York Times best selling author of The Paleo Cure. He is known for his in-depth research uncovering myths and misconceptions in modern medicine and providing natural health solutions with proven results. Chris was named one of the 100 most influential people in health and fitness by Greatist.com (along with Michelle Obama, Dr. Oz, Dr. Weil, Deepak Chopra and Dr. Mercola), and his blog is one of the top-ranked natural health websites in the world. He recently launched Kresser Institute, an organization dedicated to training functional medicine practitioners with an ancestral health perspective. Chris lives in Berkeley, California with his wife and daughter.
The Royal Society of Medicine
1 Wimpole Street
London W1G 0AE
Day One (8 July): 11:00am to 2:00pm
Day Two (9 July): 10:00am to 4:00pm
(lunch is not provided)
8 July 2017 / 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Price: £99 GBP
A small group of people will have the opportunity to dine with Chris in an informal setting and get to know what makes him tick as well as enjoying the company of likeminded friends — all while enjoying a stunning Lamb Nose-to-Tail menu by Chef Holly Redman.
Date: 8 July 2017
Time: 6PM to 9PM
Confit Lambs Tongue, Lambs Head Rillette, Salsa Verde, Broad Beans
Cortella with Artichokes
Palate Cleanser Salad -Berries and Fennel
Assiette of Lamb to Include - Faggot, Plus Two Other Cuts, Ratatouille, Hazelnut
Gooseberry Palate Cleanser
• Wine or alcoholic beverages are not included •
76 Noel Rd
Event Cancellation by Re-Find Health
- Re-Find Health reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. If Re-Find Health cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Event Cancellation by Participant
- Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event or simply have had a change of plans.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
- These above policies apply to all events produced by Re-Find Health unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.