On-Demand Video (Pre-Order)
Nov. 19, 2017 250 minutes $120.00
Pre-order the full event video (60 day access) for $120.00. Use the coupon code “preorder-video” and save an additional 15%.
Title: Gary Taubes Live in London
Speaker: Gary Taubes
Duration: TBD - Approximately 250 minutes
Estimated Delivery Date: 1 December 2017
In this full-day seminar geared toward the general public, Gary will address and answer questions on the following topics:
- Critically assessing the evidence: observational epidemiology, randomized-controlled trials and meta-analyses
- The unique challenges of preventive medicine
- Obesity and diabetes cause and treatment, a historical perspective
- Why knowing the history of medicine is critically important to evaluating evidence
- Risk factors for CHD: from total cholesterol to LDL to LDL sub-fractions, particle number and -
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Animal product-rich diets vs. Mostly Plants and the Mediterranean Diet
- SFAs vs PUFAs: critically assessing the evidence
- Nutrition and personalized medicine: is there one “healthy” diet for everyone?
- What do we know and what’s speculation?
- Audience guided Q&A (with special guests)
Note: Although this full-day seminar is geared toward healthcare professionals and students, all who wish to attend are welcome.