Oct. 13, 2018 London, UK
- Attend Live in London or Reserve the Video -
Professional & Public Yearly Memberships Available
Few would argue that diet plays an important role in the health and function of the human brain and nervous system. But official policies driven by decades of misinformation and disinformation have misled consumers and health advocates/practitioners alike, leading to profound confusion, poor mental/cognitive health outcomes and widespread neurological compromise. This presentation provides a plethora of new, clear and compelling scientific evidence for an improved functional and foundational basis of brain health that may best support neurological stability, mood, metabolism, neuroplasticity and healthy cognitive function into old age.
There is literally nothing that has a greater impact on the quality of anyone’s life than the quality of one’s brain health. As rates of mental illness, cognitive dysfunction and Alzheimer’s disease skyrocket (and IQ’s plummet), the ever-expanding DSM (the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) has brought us no closer to identifying or truly understanding the root causes of brain dysfunction, nor has it brought us any closer to meaningful solutions. But very real solutions abound if you know where and how to look. In this day-long journey of discovery attendees will learn to connect new dots and meaningfully examine key evidence from humanity’s evolutionary past and human longevity research while taking our uniquely challenging modern world into account to arrive at the optimization of our Primal Mind.
- Healthcare practitioners
- Mental health professionals
- Health coaches
- Nutritional educators
- Neurofeedback specialists
- Anyone seeking to support and optimize their cognitive, mental and neurological health into old age
The Critical Role of Ancestral Nutrition in Neurological and Mental Health
13 October 2018 / 10:00am to 4:00pm
In this entertaining and information-packed full day seminar, Nora will address the following topics:
- What were the selective pressures that serve to make us uniquely human (and why this matters now, more than ever)
- What are the limiting factors in peak neurological functioning and how to effectively address them
- Fat (free fatty acids/ketones) versus sugar (glucose) as a primary source of metabolic fuel
- Examining the brain benefits vs risks of full time functional ketosis
- The roles of cholesterol in mood, cognitive and brain health
- Are plant-based diets the answer to brain health?
- Identifying blood sugar issues (and what to do about it)?
- The myth of the mind-body connection
- The connection between gut and brain and why probiotics may not be the answer
- Nutrition and mental health
- Autoimmunity and brain health
- The supportive role of neurofeedback in transforming and better optimizing the human brain
- Understanding depression: what it is and what it isn’t (hint: it’s not a neurotransmitter deficiency)
- How to effectively combat the growing epidemic of neurodegeneration/dementia and cultivate an ageless mind
- Audience guided Q&A
Note: Although this full-day seminar is geared toward practitioners and students, the general public will also find it to be both informative and helpful.
Nora Gedgaudas is a board-certified nutritional consultant and a board-certified clinical neurofeedback specialist with over 20-years of successful clinical experience. A recognized authority on ketogenic, ancestrally based nutrition, she is a popular speaker and educator and the author of the best selling book, Primal Body, Primal Mind, as well as Rethinking Fatigue. Her newest book, Primal Fat Burner: Live Longer, Slow Aging, Super-Power Your Brain, and Save Your Life With A High Fat, Low-Carb Paleo Diet has been lauded by best selling author and journalist, Nina Teicholz as “a unique and profound contribution to the field.” Her popular accredited educational/certification program, Primal Restoration® is a unique and invaluable source of information benefitting those interested in furthering their nutritional knowledge and optimizing their health.
Nora has also lectured at numerous universities throughout the US and Australia, including UCLA, Harvard, Berkeley, the University of Colorado in Boulder, the University of Washington, The National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, OR, the University of New South Wales in Sydney, AU, University of New England, AU and Bond University, AU. She has appeared as a guest expert on the Dr. Oz show, Coast To Coast AM, Sydney Australia’s Today Show, has been interviewed by U.S. News & World Report, CBS, and was featured in the excellent 2018 documentary film, 'The Magic Pill'.
Author of the popular Primal Body, Primal Mind and widely recognized Paleo expert and nutritionist, Nora Gedgaudas presents a revolutionary, scientific, accessible high-fat diet for maintaining health, losing weight, and reversing some chronic diseases.
Popular nutritionist Nora Gedgaudas returns with advice that may sound counterintuitive: Eat fat to burn fat. In her new book, Primal Fat Burner, she explains the benefits and science behind a ketogenic (or fat-burning) diet, which switches your metabolism from a dependence on sugar to running on healthy fats. As Gedgaudas reveals, numerous studies in recent years refute the long-promoted anti-saturated fat and anti-cholesterol agenda. Now, Gedgaudas explains the science that fat isn't a “no-no” but rather a “yes-yes”—if you know the right kinds of fats to eat. In her accessible, enjoyable style, she also lays out a practical meal plan with recipes. When you follow a ketogenic diet, you consume fewer calories overall!
Author of the bestselling Grain Brain, Dr. David Perlmutter writes in his foreword that Primal Fat Burner is, “Wonderfully actionable, compassionately taking the reader from ‘why’ to ‘how.’” On this diet, you efficiently and effectively metabolize fat (ketones and free fatty acids) as your primary source of fuel, rather than glucose from carbs, starches, and sugars. Because fat is so satisfying, you naturally wind up eating less—without feelings of hunger or deprivation. And natural dietary fat is ultimately key to optimum health and longevity.
Gedgaudas communicates a real appreciation for and understanding of the central role that dietary fat plays in your body and brain, and explains how you can eat to feel better, look better, think clearer, and live longer.
- Primal Fat Burner will also be available for purchase on-site -
Central London Venue TBD
13 October 2018: 10:00am to 4:00pm
(lunch is not provided)
Event Cancellation by Re-Find Health
- Re-Find Health reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. If Re-Find Health cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Event Cancellation by Participant
- Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event or simply have had a change of plans.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
- These above policies apply to all events produced by Re-Find Health unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.