Apr. 28, 2018 Los Angeles, CA
- Attend Live in Los Angeles or Reserve the Video -
Professional & Public Yearly Memberships Available
Join period revolutionary Lara Briden along with her special guests, Felice Gersh, Amy Savagian, and Steph Gaudreau for a fresh look at women’s health and a long overdue conversation about the many ways that female hormones affect metabolism, training, and general health.
Lara is the author of the bestselling book Period Repair Manual and a passionate communicator about women’s health and alternatives to hormonal birth control. Her presentation “If you’re not thinking about ovulation, you’re not thinking about health,” is a call to action for every practitioner to consider the role of female hormones with every client.
Discounts for groups of 10 or more available — contact us for more details
Even if you can't make it to the live event, rest assured there will be video available to Premium and Featured Members of Re-Find Health. Join today and get access to this video but every other video that we produce in the future.
Video will be available approximately 2 to 3 weeks after the event
- Doctors, naturopathic doctors, osteopaths, chiropractors.
- Dietitians, nutritionists.
- Personal trainers.
- Every practitioner who is a women or is a man who gives advice to women.
- Members of the public with a keen interest in women's health.
April 28, 2018 / 10:00am to 4:00pm
Price: $130.00 USD
In this full-day seminar, Lara and her guest speakers will address and answer the following topics:
- Why women have been left out of the research and the health conversation.
- Emerging research about sex differences in metabolism, microbiome, and immune function.
- How hormonal birth control shuts down hormones and why that matters.
- Training for different phases of the menstrual cycle.
- When a low-carb diet is appropriate for women and when it’s not.
- The epidemic of PCOS and what we can do about it.
- Audience guided Q&A — moderated by Dr. Michael Arata.
Note: Although this full-day seminar is geared toward practitioners and students, the general public will also find it to be both informative and helpful.
Dr. Felice Gersh is a multi-award-winning, board-certified obstetrician and gynecologist and the founder of the highly successful Integrative Medical Group of Irvine in California. Felice was educated at Princeton University and USC and has more than 40 years of experience in all matters relating to women's health. Her main area of expertise is hormonal management and, specifically, polycystic ovary syndrome. She has held the post of clinical assistant professor of OB/GYN at the Keck-USC School of Medicine and remains affiliated with the University of Arizona School of Medicine, where she completed the fellowship in integrative medicine. She is also an expert reviewer for the medical board of California and a qualified forensic expert.
Connect with Dr. Felice Gersh: Website
Dr. Amy Savagian was trained at the University of Southern California and finished medical school in 2009. Since that time she has done internship and residency at USC, White Memorial and Huntington Memorial Hospital. Dr. Savagian uses a personalized, system based approach to wellness that empowers patients to achieve their highest expression of health. This systems based approach is also known as functional medicine. She has a preventative focus and uses a blend of conventional western medicine, holistic medicine, and medical nutrition to achieve optimal health for her patients. She is board certified in internal medicine, integrative medicine and obesity medicine. On her boards, she earned the top decile scores reported.
Connect with Dr. Amy Savagian: Website
Steph Gaudreau combines a formal education in biology / human physiology (BS Biology—Human Physiology), 12 years of science teaching experience (MA—Education and National Board Certification), holistic nutrition training (Certified Holistic Nutrition Practitioner, currently enrolled in Nutritional Therapy Consultant program), and an unabashed love of tasty Paleo food (human with taste buds) on her blog, Stupid Easy Paleo.
Steph’s mission is to provide the most kickass, inspirational strategies for building a stronger body, mind, and spirit.
She wrote the best-seller The Paleo Athlete: A Beginner’s Guide to Real Food for Performance in 2014, and her award-winning book, The Performance Paleo Cookbook: Recipes for Eating Better, Getting Stronger & Gaining the Competitive Edge (Page Street Publishing, 2015). She’s working on a new book that will be out in May 2019.
Connect with Steph Gaudreau: Website
Dr. Michael Arata (Q&A Moderator) was first exposed to functional-type medicine via consulting with doctors who also treated his chronically ill patients. He was so inspired by what they were doing that he eventually attended integrative medicine conferences to gain more information. He began to implement what he learned, with his first patient being himself, and saw dramatic results. He decided this was the optimal route to health that he had been searching for. After only a couple of years of implementing these practices on himself, Dr. Arata had finally, after 30 years of trying, reached a normal blood pressure, lost almost 50 pounds, resolved his sleep apnea, reflux and eczema. Simply put, he has never felt better, and his progress is always ongoing.
Dr. Arata has an insatiable appetite for learning. While all doctors are required to complete minimal Continuing Medical Education to maintain their medical licenses, Dr. Arata attends multiple, optional courses per year, constantly adding to his expertise. Following the conclusion of his Functional Medicine training, he completed fellowships in Obesity Medicine and Metabolic and Plant-Based Nutritional Medicine and is now Board Certified in Integrative Medicine.
Connect with Dr. Michael Arata: Website
Dr. Lara Briden is a naturopathic doctor and The Period Revolutionary — leading the change to better periods. Informed by a strong science background and more than 20 years experience with patients, Lara is a passionate communicator about women's health and alternatives to hormonal birth control. Her book Period Repair Manual is a manifesto of natural treatment for better hormones and better periods and provides practical solutions using nutrition, supplements, and natural hormones.
She first worked as a researcher and evolutionary biologist at the University of Calgary. She then went on to graduate as a naturopathic doctor from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) in Toronto.
Her love of science and the natural world has informed the way she works with patients. Lara views the body as a logical, regenerative system that knows what to do when it’s given the right support. And she's seen that principle in action with thousands of patients she's helped with period problems such as PCOS, PMS, endometriosis, and perimenopause.
Lara's clinical work has taught her that 1) Period problems respond incredibly well to nutrition and other natural treatments, and 2) Hormonal birth control is NOT the only option. There are much better options for women’s health. Her mission is to bring that message to women everywhere. To empower women to have the easy, symptomless periods that she knows to be possible and to join the worldwide “period revolution.”
Lara blogs to keep abreast of current research into hormonal health. She divides her time between Christchurch, New Zealand, where she lives, and Sydney, Australia, where she has her consulting rooms.
Period Repair Manual (Second Edition) is your guide to better periods using natural treatments such as diet, nutritional supplements, herbal medicine, and bioidentical hormones. It contains advice and tips for women of every age and situation. If you have a period (or want a period), then this book is for you.
What’s new in the second edition:
- Insights from Jerilynn C. Prior MD, Endocrinology Professor
- More than 300 additional references
- Expanded sections on PCOS and endometriosis
- A chapter on perimenopause and the menopause transition
- All new patient stories
- Special topics such as Histamine Intolerance and How to Choose a Probiotic
- Suggested brands for supplements
- Period Repair Manual will also be available for purchase on-site -
8549 Higuera St
Culver City, CA 90232
Map & Directions
April 28, 2018
10:00am to 4:00pm
(lunch is not provided)
Event Cancellation by Re-Find Health
- Re-Find Health reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. If Re-Find Health cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Event Cancellation by Participant
- Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event or simply have had a change of plans.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
- These above policies apply to all events produced by Re-Find Health unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.