Mar. 18 to 19, 2017 London, UK Up to 5 CPD Hours
Re-Find Health is very excited to welcome Dr. Aviva Romm to London for two special days where she will be speaking to the general public on the first day and specifically to practitioners on the second day.
a valid student ID will be required when checking in
Reset Your Hormones, Reclaim Your Life
Our hormones are the music that sets the soundtrack of our lives — it can be a harmonious symphony, or a disruptive backdrop that keeps us from living smoothly, joyfully, and comfortably in our own bodies. And it’s not just our female hormones - estrogen and progesterone - that can be out of balance, so can our thyroid hormones, adrenal hormones, and our insulin. When these are disrupted they can cause the obvious imbalances like PMS and irregular periods, but we can also end up with more complex problems like PCOS, Hashimoto’s, “Adrenal Fatigue,” Infertility, Stubborn Weight and Insulin Resistance, Brain fog, and even more serious medical problems like diabetes, autoimmune conditions, and heart disease. Hormonal imbalances can cause us to feel that our bodies are out of control and our lives have been hijacked. If you want to take back your health, your sense of personal balance, and reverse the root causes of symptoms and imbalances that can place your health at greater risk, this day- intensive is for you. You’ll learn the tests, tools, lifestyle changes, diet, and supplements to take back your health.
Who Should Attend?
- Any woman who feels her life has been hijacked by hormone imbalances
- Any woman who is looking for a natural, fresh approach to stubborn weight and insulin resistance, Hashimoto’s, “adrenal fatigue,” general hormonal imbalances, fertility problems, PCOS, or disruptive menopausal symptoms.
- Any woman who is sick and tired of being told her hormonal problems can only be treated with a medication, or that she’s really just fine and should just get used to it.
- Any woman who wants to be more empowered to prevent and reverse chronic health problems including autoimmune diseases, diabetes, heart disease, and dementia
The Women’s Hormone Reset Plan: From Root Cause to Rhythm
So many of our patients come to us, not with “textbook” symptoms and conditions, but a complex constellation of multiple discomforts and diagnoses - PCOS, Hashimoto’s, “Adrenal Fatigue,” Infertility, Stubborn Weight and Insulin Resistance, Brain fog, and even more serious medical problems like diabetes, autoimmune conditions, and heart disease - sometimes in the same patent - sometimes even in women as young as their 30s and 40s. Many of these same women are also struggling with symptoms that defy a clear diagnosis. So where do you start? How do you approach these women, retaining their need for connection and care while using a smart clinical approach? How can you get to the root causes of their problems without expensive testing and excessive use of supplements - and how do you decide whether, when, and which are necessary? This day-long intensive will help to answer all of these questions, while providing you with take-home tips, tools, principles and practices, as well as the evidence-based solutions for preventing and reversing women’s top endocrine conditions, by taking a root cause approach.
Who Should Attend?
- Any health professionals specializing in integrative, functional, botanical, or naturopathic women’s health
- Any health professionals who feel stumped or stuck about where to begin when facing patients complex constellations of symptoms and conditions in their women patients
- Any health professionals who want to understand how to apply functional medicine principles - sustainably, ethically, and affordably in women’s health - and still have successful outcomes
- Any health professionals who are looking for a fresh way of helping women heal from hormonal imbalances, including PCOS, fertility problems, stubborn weight, brain fog, depression, insulin resistance, hypothyroidism, “adrenal imbalances” and their downstream effects, naturally whenever possibly, and always practically.
Dr. Aviva Romm called “the face of natural medicine in the 21st century” by Prevention Magazine, has bridged the best of traditional medicine with good science for over three decades. A midwife, herbalist, and Yale trained MD, Board Certified in Family Medicine with Obstetrics, as well as a graduate of Dr. Weil’s Integrative Medicine Residency through the University of Arizona, and was sought out by Dr, Mark Hyman to join The UltraWellness Center where she practiced Functional Medicine intensively for 2 years after being trained in Functional Medicine personally by Dr. Hyman.
Dr. Romm’s focus is on women’s and children’s health, with an emphasis on the impact of stress on women’s health, willpower, food cravings, weight, chronic disease, and hormone imbalance. She is also an avid environmental health advocate, focusing on the impact of toxins on fertility, pregnancy, women’s hormones, chronic illness and children’s health.
Dr. Romm is a leader in the field of botanical medicine and is the author of seven books on natural medicine for women and children, including the textbook Botanical Medicine for Women’s Health, and she is the integrative medicine curriculum author for the Yale Internal Medicine and Pediatric Residencies. She lives and practices medicine in Massachusetts and is a internationally sought speaker, including a regular guest expert on The Dr. Oz Show, an author, and a natural products industry and health consultant.
The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution: Weight gain, fatigue, brain fog, hormonal imbalances, and autoimmune conditions — for years, health practitioners have commonly viewed each as individual health problems resulting from a patient’s genetic bad luck, poor lifestyle choices, or lack of willpower. Patients, too, have turned to different doctors to alleviate their specific symptoms: an endocrinologist for a thyroid problem; a gynecologist for hormonal issues; an internist for weight, diabetes, and high blood pressure; a rheumatologist for joint problems, and even to therapists or psychologists.
While these ailments may seem unrelated, Dr. Aviva Romm contends that they are intrinsically connected by what she calls Survival Overdrive Syndrome, a condition that occurs when the body becomes overloaded. SOS can result from childhood survival patterns or adult life stressors that are compounded by foods we eat, toxins in our environment, viral infections, lack of sleep, disrupted gut microflora, and even prescribed medications.
Two of the systems most affected are the adrenal system and the thyroid, which control mood, hormones, inflammation, immunity, energy, weight, will power, blood sugar balance, cholesterol, sleep, and a host of other bodily functions. When these systems become overwhelmed they lead to symptoms that can develop into full blow illnesses, including diabetes, hypertension, osteoporosis, and heart disease — all of which have medically provable origins in SOS.
The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution explains SOS, how it impacts our bodies and can lead to illness, and most importantly, offers a drug-free cure developed through Dr. Romm’s research and clinical work with tens of thousands of patients. In as little as two weeks, you can lose excess weight, discover increased energy, improve sleep, and feel better. With The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution, you can rescue your metabolism, hormones, mind and mood — and achieve long-lasting health.
Cavendish Conference Centre
One America Square
London EC3N 2LB
Hours: 10:00am to 4:00pm with a one-hour break for lunch (both days)
(Coffee & tea WILL be available — lunch WILL NOT be provided)
Event Cancellation by Re-Find Health
- Re-Find Health reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. If Re-Find Health cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Event Cancellation by Participant
- Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
- These above policies apply to all events produced by Re-Find Health unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.